Finding a church of which you wish to become a part is a very important decision. Hebrews 10:25 teaches us that having a group of Christians with whom we gather to worship is actually incredibly important to our personal growth as a Jesus-follower. People tend to make this choice based on non-tangables and stylistic concerns, but let us suggest a few objective standards which may help you to sort out what church you make your own. Before committing to a church, you want to be sure that you share a common foundation of a common statement of faith, a common set of core values which drive your life and the church’s life, and that you are excited about getting personally involved in their common vision. To help you see if C3 is the church for you, we have laid out these three categories for you. Please let us know what questions you have.
Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a perfect exemplary life of love, taught with deepest wisdom, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried, descended into hell; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the authority and trustworthiness of the Scriptures in all they intend to discuss, the holy commissioned church, the communion of Christians, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our core values are focused on the area in which we have our greatest expertise – DISCIPLESHIP, helping people learn how to be a Jesus-follower in a contemporary urban setting.
- Diversunity: We long to touch everyone with Jesus’ love, we respect differences. (Galatians 3:28)
- Innovation: We always strive to find more creative ways to communicate Jesus. (1Corinthians 9:20–23)
- Scriptures: We will be faithful to what the Bible teaches and strive to better understand. (Hebrews 4:12)
- Connectivity: We build and sustain relationships both inside and outside the fellowship. (2Corinthians 5:18–19)
- Integrity: We will always conduct our church by Biblical ethical principles. (Matthew 7:24–27)
- Prayer: We will practice contemplative prayer, remembering our power is from God. (Mark 1:25–39)
- Love: We will strive to love God more and love people as he commands by caring for people’s needs. (Mark 12:29–31)
- Evangelism: We will seek to communicate Jesus’ love both home and abroad. (Acts 1:8 )
- Service: We will work to lead through service and encourage active participation. (Mark 10:45)
- Honor: We will show devotion to Jesus through intense worship, changed lives, and care for all of his creation. (Colossians 1:15–22)
- Information: We will always pursue deeper knowledge of the Community and Scriptures. (Proverbs 22:3–4)
- People: We will focus on reaching more people and not on acquiring property or possessions. (1Corinthians 3:16–17)
C3 is a church that is focusing on the center city neighborhood of Lakeview as a mission field. We believe in actively presenting the good news of Jesus both to the successful and the marginalized of this upscale, urban environment. We particularly focus our ministry on those who are seekers, skeptics, or are new to the faith. We strive to teach clearly the entire Word of God without compromise. We are supported both in prayer and financially by the local members of this church, and by numerous sponsors and partnering churches around the country. C3 is passionate about multiplying the small: so our focus always lies on forming new context groups, starting new branch congregations in similar neighborhoods, and helping to plant new daughter churches in different settings. It is our desire that no matter your station in life, you can in any of our events or groups discover Jesus’ presence for yourself, learn to follow Him with your whole life, and be motivated to help others by connecting with Him in worship.