Sixth in the series “Hopeful Despair”
2 Kings 19:8-19
Main Point: When dealing with difficult circumstances, we can still communicate both gratefully and honestly with God.
- God deserves for us to give absolute respect [15-16a, 19b]
- Isaiah 6:1-4
- Isaiah 37:16-20
- God desires for us to keep it real [16b-19a]
- Psalm 46:4-7
- Application questions:
- In your prayers do you take time to praise God for who He is and what He has done in the past?
- Are you honest with God about the reality of your suffering, or do you try to downplay the situation?
- What are the idols that you tend to turn to successfully navigate the world system?