Thirteenth in the series “Why Should I Even Care?”
Main Point: In Gethsemane, Jesus wins the spiritual aspect of the ultimate victory only He could achieve.
- Jesus Is honest with His dad about His emotional suffering.
- Psalm 42:5
- Psalm 116:3-4
- Hebrews 5:7
- Isaiah 51:17
- Jeremiah 49:12
- The disciples weren’t as ready as they thought they were [37-40]
- Mark 13:37
- Mark 14:29-31
- Psalm 51:12
- Mark 9:5-6
- Jesus is obedient to his Dad’s will even if tragically alone [41-42]
- Genesis 3:14-15
- Application Questions:
- What are the kinds of things that break your heart?
- What spiritual disciplines are you practicing to be ready for season of temptation?
- Who is someone who needs to here this story from you?
- Are you ready to embrace what Jesus did for you today?