Fourteenth in the series “Why Should I Even Care?”
Main Point: Jesus’ claims about himself are woven neatly together at the hearing he has the night before his execution.
- Jesus knows what it’s like to personally face injustice [53-59]
- Deuteronomy 17:6
- Ephesians 2:19-22
- Jesus stands for the truth even when it will be costly [60-62]
- Isaiah 53:7
- Psalm 2:7-9
- Daniel 7:13-14
- Psalm 110:1-2
- The leaders react to Jesus’ answer with ferocious cruelty [63-65]
- Leviticus 24:13-16
- Application Questions:
- How can we better navigate facing unjust suffering?
- How do we go about sharing the Good News with those who are openly hostile?
- What is going to be your response to Jesus today?