Twelfth in the series “Why Should I Even Care?”
Main Point: Jesus alters what we should consider important in life based on the reality of his eventual rule.
- The leaders are to be servants in Jesus’ kingdom [24-30]
- Hebrews 13:7
- 1 Peter 5:1-4
- The accuser’s attack is weaker than Jesus’ prayers [31-34]
- 1 John 2:1-2
- John 17:11-12
- John 21:17-19
- The world is hostile to those embracing Jesus’ values [35-38]
- Isaiah 53:12
- 2 Timothy 3:12
- John 17:14-16
- Application Questions:
- What do you do to attempt to “lord over” other people?
- How could you go about serving others more intentionally this week?
- Who is someone going through a difficult time that needs you to be praying for them?
- For what is the enemy accusing you today?
- How have you faced persecution from the world system?