Fifth in the series “Upstream”
1 Timothy 5:1-25
Main Point: God desires for us to live our lives well as part of a multi-generational community of faith.
- Real Christians treat one another as family [1-2]
- Mark 3:33-34
- Real Christians help those truly in need [3-15]
- Acts 6:1-4
- Matthew 15:4-6
- 1Corinthians 7: 8 – 9, 1 Corinthians 7:39 – 40
- Real Christians honor those further upstream [17-25]
- Deuteronomy 25:4
- Luke 10:7
- Applications and Next Steps
- How could you improve the way that you interact with those who are upstream from you in this church? Others?
- Who is someone that you could trust to share with them the areas of your life that you usually prefer to remain hidden?
- What practical improvements can we make to our ministry to better care for those who truly are in need?