First in the series “Hopeful Despair”
2 Kings 18:1-8
Main Point: The character that develops in a relationship with God can help a person thrive even during difficult times.
- King Hezekiah had a healthy relationship with God [5-6]
- Deuteronomy 17:18-20
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- Hebrews 11:6
- King Hezekiah made vital reforms to the community [1-4]
- 2 Chronicles 29:3-4, 2 Chronicles 29:35-36, 2 Chronicles 30:22, 2 Chronicles 31:20-21
- King Hezekiah enjoyed the active involvement of God [7-8]
- Psalm 37:4
- Matthew 6:33
- Romans 8:28
- Application and Next Steps
- How can I go about building a more trusting relationship with God?
- What changes need to be made in the way that I worship God?
- How is God actively involved in the course of my life?