Fourth in the series “Reaching Out”
2 Corinthians 4:1-6
Main Point: There are tactical and strategic spiritual warfare realities that must be considered when engaging in evangelistic missions work.
- God cares deeply about our service methods. [1-2, 5b]
- Mark 10:42-45
- The enemy resists stubbornly our rescue mission. [3-4a]
- “We fail to understand the battle in evangelism. Multiple times in the New Testament, Paul described lostness in terms of spiritual warfare …. The enemy will always fight to keep lost people in his kingdom, and we need to recognize that conflict.” – Chuck Lawless
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- Romans 16:20
- We share courageously our amazing message. [5a-6]
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen not only because I see it but because by it I see everything else.” – C.S. Lewis
- Genesis 1:26-27
- Genesis 1:3-4
- Isaiah 9:1-3
- Applications and Next Steps
- Take inventory of your methods of sharing the Good News. Are your methods acts of service or are the deceptive?
- When you pray for our neighborhood what are you praying?
- What is your attitude towards the Gospel message?