Third in the series “Upstream”
1 Timothy 3:1-16
Main Point: Paul gives a snapshot of the kind of leaders who have a positive influence on the church.
- Church leaders must be known as godly people [1-7]
- 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Church helpers must be known as godly people [8-13]
- Acts 6:3-4
- Real godliness must be based on the story of Jesus [14-16]
- Colossians 2:14-15
- 1 Peter 1:12
- Application Questions:
- Have you caught enough of a glimpse of the mystery of Jesus that it changes your life?
- What needs to change in your lifestyle and attitudes to better reflect the Christian ideals expressed here?
- How do we go about changing our behavior without embracing legalism?