Twelfth in the series “Upstream”
Main Point: It is the work of God’s grace that makes us the kind of people who positively influence the world around us.
- Grace naturally flows from God’s gentle character 
- Ephesians 2:6-7
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Grace freely rescues from sin’s dreadful prison 
- “Works of righteousness are the fruit of salvation, and the root must come before the fruit. The Lord saves His people out of clear, unmixed, undiluted mercy and grace, and for no other reason.” – C. H. Spurgeo
- John 3:3
- Grace lavishly renovates by the Spirit’s amazing power 
- Joel 2:28-29
- John 14:16-17, John 14:25-26
- Grace boldly promises by God’s relentless forgiveness 
- Galatians 4:4-7
- Application Questions
- What step is this Good News calling for you to take in your relationship with God this week?
- What is a kindness you could show to someone this week that you have been avoiding?
- How do we go about becoming more gentle people when positive change is rooted in grace?