Genesis 42:1-38; Genesis 43:1-14
Main Point: When even a dysfunctional family becomes honest about their need, they are drawn toward a reunion only God could orchestrate.
- Fully understanding our circumstances is beyond us [42:1-26]
- Matthew 18:15-17
- Blaming God for our problems is always a terrible idea [42:27-38]
- Where our hope fails, God’s mercy is just getting started [43:1-14]
- For what moments of past pain do you blame God for hostility or negligence?
- How often do you believe the enemy’s lie that God does not really care about you and your needs?
- Who is someone who you need to forgive and perhaps seek reconciliation?
- Have you yet resigned yourself to God’s mercy?