Fourth in the series “Upstream”
1 Timothy 4:1-16
What should and should not be part of an influential leader’s life?
- Step Back
- Overwhelming Awe
- Proper Worship
- Respectful Attitude
- Complete Commitment
- Jesus-following Lifestyle
- Believing Jesus’s story
- False teaching always eventually produces ungodliness [1-5]
- Genesis 1:31
- Mark 7:18-23
- Faithful teaching always intentionally provides examples [6-16]
- 2 Peter 1:5-8
- Application Questions:
- Have you received the Gospel of Jesus, the root of the mystery of godliness?
- What kind of example are you giving younger Christians who are looking to you for clarity in how to live out aspects of the Way?
- What small changes could be made in your life that would make your model for other Christians more compelling?