Second in the series “Upstream”
1 Timothy 2:1-15
Main Point: Our worship should be formulated in such a way that it has maximum impact on the world around us.
- Everyone needs to be included during our prayers [1-4]
- Everything needs to be focused on Jesus in our worship [5-7]
- Hebrews 8:6
- John 14:6
- Romans 5:6
- Mark 10:45
- Galatians 4:4-5
- Every distraction needs to be removed from our worship [8-15]
- Application Questions:
- What needs to change in your life for Jesus to truly be your focus?
- In what ways has God’s Word shaped your own perspectives on gender? How does your perspective need to further change?
- If we take the principles that Paul is teaching in this passage seriously, how would this impact the way we pray for our neighborhood, city, state, and country?